sâmbătă, 9 februarie 2013

Meeting with H.E. Mr Dimitris Avramopoulos, Greece Foreign Minister


Last week, together with my colleagues from Estonian School of Diplomacy I've participated in a official meeting and lecture delivered by H.E. Mr.Dimitris Avramopolos, Greece Foreign Minister, at the headquarter of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Estonia.

      The subject of the lecture was on : ,,Greece's geostrategic role in South Eastern Europe and the Eastern Mediterranean"
    In his presentation the Greek Foreign Minister emphasized the role of European Union today, its achievements during time of ensuring peace and cooperation among member states. Also he underlined the importance of unity among european citizens and called for a common solutions for todays issues of EU. He mentioned the fact that last years economical crisis should not be as much as an issue but an opportunity to unite and solve it together as one whole big European Country. During his discourse he mentioned the situation in Balkans reagions and the perspectives of future asscentsion of countries from this region into the European Family.

I had the opportunity to ask His Excellency, two questions:
I started my greeting in greek language as I learned it three years ago in a international educational and cultural project. His Excellency apreciated my knowledge of greek language. I switched to english and asked my questions:
1. As he mentioned Greece towards Balkans countries asscesion to EU, how he sees this opportunity for the Eastern Partnership Countries, today when there are internal issues inside the EU.  
- In his answer he mentioned a part of Eastern Parnership as a Western Balkans and with a special regard towards Republic of Moldova.
- He also mentioned that he will have an official visit to Republic of Moldova as he was invited by his moldavian colleague H.E.Mr.Iurie Leancă - Minister of Foreign Affairs of Moldova.
2. My second questions was a personal one for His Excellency. So my question was: ,, As regarding your profesional experience, how would you decribe the situation now in Europe, is there a need for more career diplomats or political ones. 
- he liked my question, and he made a clarification with regard to the fact that my question is a triky one, really I want to find out why he resembled from a career diplomat and became a political one. So he argued that diplomacy is one of the best carieer choices, and with time I will understand his decision, as there are different aspects of this job.
At the end, His Excellency apparoached our students group I introduced my colleagues from Moldova, Estonia, Georgia, Armenia and we discussed for a while and later on we made some pictures together nearby the estoniang and greek flags. He wished us a great success and told us he will be soon visiting Moldova.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu